Job Announcement: Communications Director
Description: The Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP) is seeking a full-time Communications Director to be located in its Boulder, CO office. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing and implementing SWEEP’s overall communications strategy;
- Maintaining press lists, developing relationships with reporters and editors, and reaching out to the press on behalf of program staff;
- Writing and/or reviewing press releases, op-eds, blog posts and other materials;
- Posting news items to SWEEP’s website and helping to update website periodically;
- Working with staff to develop messaging and implement targeted communications campaigns around priority issues;
- Helping to improve internal communications within the organization;
- Expanding SWEEP’s presence and influence through social media; and
- Conducting outreach to SWEEP Allies.
The Communications Director will carry out these activities in conjunction with other SWEEP staff and our state representatives, as well as interaction with other energy efficiency communications experts.
Qualifications: Applicants should have at least five years of communications experience ideally working for non-profit advocacy organization(s), as well as knowledge of energy efficiency/clean energy issues.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits, as well as the opportunity to work in a relaxed environment close to the mountains in Boulder, CO.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019.
To apply, send brief cover letter and resume (no phone calls, please) to:
Communications Director Opening
2334 North Broadway, Suite A
Boulder, CO 80304
Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SWEEP is a public interest organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. For more information, visit www.swenergy.org.
SWEEP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.